OISD (CTL) Collection


Download Finding Aid

Collection Details

Collection Dates: 1960 – 1999
Scope and Content Note: ca. 1960-1999
Biographical Note:

"The major responsibility for instruction at UGA lies with the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is a unit of the Office of the Vice President for Instruction within the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.

"The University of Georgia has been committed to developing instructional excellence among its faculty for more than 40 years. In 1978, Virginia Trotter, Vice President for Academic Affairs, established the Office of Instructional Development; the Office became a physical and functioning part of the university a few months later in 1979 making it one of the oldest institutional units dedicated to developing teaching capacity among its faculty in the nation and the oldest in the state of Georgia. In 1997, the Office of Instructional Development merged with the Instructional Resource Center to become the Office of Instructional Support and Development, bringing instructional technologies, classroom support, and educational development into one collective unit. In 2005, the unit was renamed once again to reflect the evolution of its mission and became the Center for Teaching and Learning."--CTL Website.

Extent:

Format types: 16mm -- ca. 1220; 1" videotapes -- ca. 226; 2" videotapes -- ca. 450; 3/4" Umatic -- ca. 1545; Betacam -- ca. 35; Digibeta -- 27; Hi8 -- ca. 774; audio cassettes -- ca. 775; reel-to-reel audio -- ca. 170; LPs -- ca. 300; DVCPRO -- 11; VHS -- 2; DVMaster -- 41; MiniDV -- 21.

Objects in the collection

Filter by: Media type, Format

Loading...